March 10, 2009

What's cooking?

I love to cook! Tonight I was able to do a bit of cooking, for us and Little J - all thanks to Little J going to bed at 5:30pm. :) 

Here is what was made tonight (I wish I would have taken pictures - I need to get better at that!)...

For Big J & me: 
-Tonight's dinner of Roasted Broccoli, Roasted Potato Slices (tossed in EVOO, Parmesan, & Basil), Bleu Cheese Burgers, & Hot Dogs (Big J's request). This was all so yummy and I am stoked for lunch tomorrow!
-For later this week: Baked Spaghetti (ready to be baked in the next day or 2), browned hamburger for Chili this weekend because the cold weather is making a comeback (boo!!!).

For Little J.:
-peaches
-peas
-a sweet potato. 
I ran out of ice-cube tray space, otherwise he would have had some fresh pears as well. That's a task for tomorrow!

Speaking of tomorrow, we have our first visit from Imprints. I'm pretty excited to learn all kinds of new activities to do with Little J. I know a lot about middle schoolers from my previous life as a 7th Grade Teacher, but sometimes I'm at a loss when it comes to activities with a baby (aside from snuggling, tickling, kissing, and just generally being silly). The lady that is coming tomorrow is certified in Infant Massage - I hope I learn something from her & I bet Little J does too!

Little J survived a shot & oral vaccine today with no crying...he's so brave! We celebrated by a picnic lunch at the local park. Yes...I cannot get enough of this beautiful weather. Tomorrow is our last day of the gorgeous weather & you better believe we'll be taking FULL advantage!

MILESTONE ALERT!!! I think Little J has given up the swaddle! He slept yesterday & last night with his arms out. Today's naps & tonight there was no swaddling at all! He does like to cuddle up with his blanket from Mimi. I hope to catch a picture of that soon because it is too cute! 

No comments: