March 27, 2009

Consignment Queen!



I recently received this piece of Flair on Facebook and I think it is quite fitting! I have fallen in LOVE with consignment, especially since having Little J. Children, especially babies, go through everything SO FAST! It is rare for anything to actually be "worn out", so I have started shopping the consignment sales and I'm very proud of myself for all the good deals I've found lately. Let's take a look...

Here's Little J wearing a Ralph Lauren outfit that I bought for $2.50 at a local neighborhood consignment sale. It looks brand new & I think he's particularly adorable in it!

Here are all the clothes bought tonight at our MOPS consignment sale. The brands are Nautica, Ralph Lauren, Children's Place, Izod, Hannah Anderson, and the most precious Baby Gap suit you have ever seen! All of these clothes for only $32!!


And on to all the toys bought by Mimi...because toys are much more fun than clothes!

Safety 1st Baby Walker

Chicco 3-in-1 toy

Tub full of Little People toy sets, Usborne books, Mega Blocks and a lot more! He has plenty of toys for many months (years!) to come.

Not only do I like shopping the consignment sales, but I like to sell at them too! I mainly sell Little J's items we no longer need or want at our MOPS Consignment sale. I get to keep 60% of the amount and MOPS keeps the other 40% to pay our Moppett workers, cover craft expenses, etc.  If I'm selling my items (or shopping for myself) I like to use Etc. Just in the last 3 months I've made over $125 selling clothes that I don't want or can't fit into anymore. YAY!!! Of course I've spent a bit of it back at their store on toys for Little J or clothes (like an adorable pink & white striped Izod dress for $11!). 

Yes...I think you can call me the Consignment Queen!

No comments: