It's been a few days since I've updated because we actually made it to the mountains!!! We had a great time. It was so relaxing & beautiful! I wish we could have stayed longer & that Big J could have been with us. The good thing about being home is that hopefully {fingers crossed & prayers said} Little J will start sleeping better. It was NOT pretty while we were up on the mountain...very little sleep for Little J. Maybe he was just too excited to hang out with Nana & "GiGi" (Sharon George). They sure did provide a lot of entertainment for him!
GiGi George
Little J & Nana
Little J loves his CORN! (knit by Nana)
We got home Friday afternoon and Little J went to sleep at 5pm, then slept until 8:15am this morning when our alarm went off! He did wake several times though the night, but luckily went back to sleep easily after some nursing. Big J & I orderd pizza & relaxed last night - our favorite Friday night activity! We needed to rest up for our big morning of BOWLING!

That's right, we were up bright & early to bowl at the Big Brothers Big Sisters bowling event. It's their biggest fundraiser of the year, so I'm hoping they got a lot of money. Our team of 9 from Hillsdale raised close to $900! Not that it mattered, but Big J & I were the highest scoring bowlers on our teams (girls vs. guys). And man are these scores impressive {ha!}! Big J bowled a 113 & I bowled a 97. Good thing people didn't pledge by the pin. Little J enjoyed his first bowling experience...an adorable picture is coming soon!
Ok...so NC has beautiful, but sometimes wacky weather. Monday morning we woke up to 6inches of snow, today (5 days later) it was 80-degrees! Just another one of the reasons I love being a North Carolinian!
Tonight we "Spring Forward" and lose an hour of sleep. But I'll take it because it means Daylight Savings Time begins! I love this time of year when the days are getting longer & warm weather is starting to creep in. Well, off to eat a late supper & head to bed (I need all the sleep I can get!).

No comments:
Post a Comment