So we've embarked on a gardening adventure! I call it an adventure because I have never gardened in my life (I don't even keep up our front yard very well!). I like the idea of a garden, so I was so excited when Nana & Popa decided to have one this year that I could help in & learn the ropes!
Nana first got the idea of a Square Foot Garden, so Popa built the frames, and we planted Broccoli, Cauliflower, Iceberg Lettuce, Romaine Lettuce (my fav!), Carrots, Radishes, Bell Peppers, Onions, Leeks, and probably some other things that I'm forgetting. We've already enjoyed a couple of salads with the Romaine Lettuce & Radishes (who knew I even liked radishes!).
Then Popa made a big garden (and I mean BIG!). We've been working in that for the past week or so planting tomatoes (LOTS!), squash, cucumbers, green beans (lots of these too!), watermelon, pumpkin, cantaloupe, peppers, and I can't remember what else.
So you may be thinking, what's Little J up to during all of this gardening? Well, he either naps or hangs out under the shade tree in his stroller or on a blanket. He loves every minute that we're outside!
Another one of his favorite things to do outside...SWING! He even took a little nap in this swing earlier this week. Isn't he just so CUTE!?!
Stay tuned for more gardening adventures, which will be turning into canning & freezing adventures before the summer is over. It's great to be a life-long learner! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment