Some days it's just hard to believe Little J is growing up so fast! He understands everything you say to him (is not a fan of the word "No") and "talks" so much everyday too. He wants you to understand what he's saying so bad and will repeat the same thing over & over emphatically to get you to understand. Some of his words are actually starting to become a bit more clear so that I can understand him - yay!
We're having a lazy morning today (the last of our holiday break), so Josh got up with J & let me sleep in - he's a good man! I came down to find them playing with the big basket of Duplo blocks. Just in the last few minutes I have been amazed at what J can communicate & do!
1) J had something in his hand & I wasn't sure if he built it or if Daddy did. It was pretty simple, but very colored coordinated. So I said, "Jeremiah, did you build that or did Daddy build it?" His response was a very emphatic sentence of his "words" with a very clear "Daddy" thrown in there. And he was right - Daddy did build it!
2) A few minutes later, Josh built him a Duplo airplane and handed it over. He immediately picked it up & flew it through the air with a "whooshing" sound, just like a plain does! He'll also take the Duplos that have wheels and roll them on the ground like a car/truck does. I certainly don't talk much about how planes & cars go (I'm much too girlie to even really think about that), so I guess he's just picked it up from his surroundings. Or maybe it's just an innate boy thing.
I'm in amazement at his constant growth & develop with basically no "academic" teaching or pressure from me. Despite my early thoughts on him needing lots of academic growth & guidance, I've really come to a great mental place lately where I just want him to be a kid, play, & have fun! He'll learn through all of his experiences much more so than if I make him sit down and "learn" a different letter/number/color/whatever each week.
We received a family membership to the W-S Children's Museum for the next year & I'm so excited. This will be a great place for him to learn through play and interact with lots of other children. Plus it's a great, now FREE to us option to get out of the house. If you are someone local that reads this blog & has a small child, I HIGHLY recommend going. And we'll be up to going with you too if you want a playdate! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment