December 3, 2009

Creative Parenting

I'm not sure if I've mentioned that we're in the middle almost through with a basement renovation project, but we are. Josh & I are could not be more excited & pumped for this to be finished. We're going to be using this space as part playroom & part craft/LEGO area. A little something for all of us & it's going to be AWESOME!! Let me take a moment now to thank our incredibly generous parents for making this possible. Could there be a better Christmas present than a whole new room in your house? I doubt it.


Anyway...back to the renovation. The painters have been here this week (see almost done!!!) and with paint comes fumes. Nasty, brain-cell-killing fumes. It wasn't too bad until they started painting the steps with the oil-based paint. Then I just couldn't take it anymore so we had evacuate to the upstairs & close all the doors. However, we still have to eat supper. So, how am I supposed to feed a toddler in my bedroom without making a complete mess & causing me to scrub the room from top to bottom? Ahh...enter the booster seat! Evidently it does just as great a job on the floor as in a chair. And I actually think Jeremiah was a lot less messy than normal.





I promise that he is wearing a diaper in this picture...I'm not trying to add more mess to clean up!

No comments: