We've had a dreary Halloween here today - rainy & just plain gross! Good thing we took some pictures outside yesterday before we went to "Trick or Treat" at Daddy's work. Jeremiah was a Fireman this year, which worked out perfectly - especially for our wallet.
Disclaimer: This paragraph is about the awesome deal we were able to get on J's Halloween costume. If you're not interested in my frugality, then skip ahead. Nana bought J some fireman boots this summer at Hamrick's for $3 (because she thought they were cute). Since they were too big then & fit now, that gave me an idea for him to be a Fireman. I noticed one day that Kohl's carries Carter's Dress-up & Play PJs, which includes a fireman version. They were on sale, plus I used a 30% coupon, which made them around $8. Then I really lucked up to find an adorable red Fireman fleece in J's size at the MOPS Consignment sale for $3. So the total cost of his costume was $14 - all of which can continue to be worn after Halloween!! Mimi even brought up a costume "accessory" - a Little People Fireman's truck that has working lights/sirens, as well as a Dalmatian. :)
Instead of "trick or treating" this year, we decided to go to a "Trunk or Treat" at a local church. The weather put a bit of a damper on the bouncy house & hay ride, but the hot dogs & chicken stew were great! They did have the trunks set up & candy to be given out in the rain/drizzle, but we decided it was time to go home and get J ready for bed.
Here are some of our favorite pictures of the little guy in his costume, as well as a Halloween family photo.
The front of J's costume.
The back of J's costume.
Oops! I fell down.
Check out my boots! I like them a lot, but sometimes I have a bit of trouble walking in them.
This photo makes me laugh...he looks like his chest is all "puffed up" and he's "walking tall". Too cute!
Halloween is SO MUCH FUN!!
Halloween Family Photo

1 comment:
quite the little fireman!
Post a Comment