October 7, 2009

Fun day at the park!

First off, I have to show you how absolutely adorable Jeremiah looked in his little camo outfit Monday. Even though he wasn't too pleased about having his picture taken, I thought he looked as cute as could be (especially since I don't often find camo particularly cute).


OK, now on to our afternoon at the park on this gloriously beautiful autumn day. Wouldn't it figure to be 78 degrees the day after I put J's shorts up. Oh well...they weren't too far away & I should have known to keep them out until at least Thanksgiving. I mean we do live in NC - silly me!

We somehow lucked into having the big playground at Tanglewood park all to ourselves this afternoon! This was so fun because Jeremiah could run around, free to explore without getting in the way of bigger kids. Most of the shots I took today were of his back because he was constantly running away from me to explore new places...but such is the fun of being a toddler! Here's a little recap of our playtime through pictures - enjoy!


Looking sneaky!

There are 2 play areas at this playground; this one is designed for children 5 years & younger.

And this is J leaving that play area for bigger & better things.

Because if there's a playground for the big kids (ages 6+), then that's where this kid wants to be!

Climbing up the stairs onto the big kid play area...which unfortunately meant Mommy had to follow since he doesn't quite understand a 4-foot drop off the side down to the ground.

Thankfully, this very low to the ground "car" kept J's attention for a long time.

He got to "drive" as much as he wanted...

seriously, he "drove" for about 10 minutes

Well, drove & played in the dirt :)

He also had fun climbing on the seat.

Quick Background: Tanglewood hosts the Festival of Lights every year during the holiday season. They are currently setting up the lights now & had a lot of loud work trucks passing by the playground. There were also a lot of golf carts since there is a golf course here. But that's not what got J's attention right here...

So, what did get Jeremiah's attention? A GATOR! Yes, he's still loves to ride the Gator at Nana & Popa's and went running through the grass & yelling at it (I'm guessing to stop & give him a ride!). Hopefully Nana & Popa will be feeling better in the next day or two so he can get his Gator-fix. Seriously, look at that face...he was so excited!!

J found some old plastic toy & thought it was fun to play with for a while.

He also discovered the sandbox, but much to Mommy's happiness decided not to play in it. Trust me, the kid was dirty enough without adding sand to the mix.

Yep, I'm pretty sure Jeremiah had a fun time at the park today!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Little J is such a fortunate little boy! Looks like he had FUN! I love the GATOR story.