September 17, 2009

Gross Boy Stuff

Jeremiah proves over & over again that he is 100% boy, but today was just about too much for this girlie-girl to handle. Even though he was happy & as sweet as could be all day, he was just plain GROSS!

Here is a rundown of the events that transpired throughout the day:
  • playing with the recycling (which means the recycling container went on top of the kitchen table)
  • opening the trash & diving in 3 different times today
  • grabbing his poop while I'm changing his dirty diaper
  • splashing around in the toilet (which was closed, but he's learned how to open)
  • opening up his cloth diaper pail to fondle his soiled diapers
but the one that really got me...ugh, I'm shuddering just thinking about it...right before bath time (side note: it wasn't a bath day, but after the above events a bath was certainly in order!) I had just dumped a big poop into the toilet from one of his cloth diapers, I then closed the toilet and went back into his room to dump the diaper into his diaper pail. When I come back into the bathroom he has opened the toilet (again!) and is about to grab the big ball of POOP!!! The loudest scream of "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" comes out of my mouth. Honestly, I'm not sure if he actually touched the poop or not because I swiftly stripped him, put him in the tub and gave him the best bath of his life! He even got into all the scrubbing & lathered his belly and legs just like I had done. I think even he knew that he needed every last inch of his little toddler body scrubbed CLEAN!

No comments: