September 20, 2009

Cuteness of an (almost) 14-month old

My friend Lori just wrote a cute blog entry on things her precious boy, Whit, is saying & doing right now. I thought it was a great idea & I'm stealing it (hope you don't mind Lori!).

  • Jeremiah has just learned what a cow says & it is so cute. We'll ask, "What does a cow say?" and he'll go "Mmmmm!" - close enough for me! I'm sure once Popa gets his cows he'll hear enough of the real thing to get it right.
  • When asked to give you a kiss, Jeremiah will lean his head in for you to kiss him. He doesn't quite get the "giving" kisses yet, but he loves to receive them! And lucky for him he's got plenty of people willing to freely give them!
  • Even though he hasn't quite gotten the "giving kisses" thing down yet, he can give you a hug and my heart just melts when those little arms wrap around my neck. Oh I could just squeeze him until he bursts!
  • I've just recently started putting real shoes on J and he loves to take them off. The other day I went to get him out of the car seat, he had un-velcroed them & taken them both off, and handed them to me when I opened his door - silly boy! Yesterday, I put him shoes on him so I could get him out to run around during tailgating & he IMMEDIATELY took one them off. I don't really blame him, I'd rather go barefoot too.
  • (Like Lori, I'm afraid to write this one but I'm going to do it anyway & PRAY!) Jeremiah is really LOVING his sleep right now. He sleeps 12 hours at night & takes two 2-hour naps a day. He didn't sleep through the night for his first 9 months of life, but he seems to be making up for it now!
  • Jeremiah also loves to EAT! Ok, so that's not a new thing, but I just have to reiterate this point. Seriously - the kid chows down! And thankfully he likes lots of healthy stuff, most specifically fruit. He eats pretty much any fruit & will continue to eat it until you put it away. Please Lord, let these good eating habits continue!!
Ok...that's all I can think of now, but I'll try to keep this up periodically because it's so hard to remember all these cute things since they change so fast. Oh, we're so in love with that little boy!

No comments: