July 2, 2009

Catching Up

Sorry I've been a bit slack about posting lately. We've been busy...cleaning, gardening (I've been meaning to take pictures to post of our garden...especially since Ken weeded it to perfection!) and Little J is going through a VERY clingy stage right now, so my hands haven't been particularly free lately. Just thought I'd take some time to post some milestones & dates that I feel I might forget soon! I'm using this to help make Jeremiah's scrapbook, so bear with me...

Army Crawling - 7 months
Really Crawling - 8 months
Pulling Up & Cruising - 8 months
First tooth (actually teeth - the bottom 2 front teeth broke through at the same time) - 9 months
Walking - any day now?!?! Although we've been thinking this for a while, so who knows. I'm not really trying to rush that along anyway.

Jeremiah - you are really into tools. You love to play with your tool table Mimi got you & the tool set (that looks real!) Nana bought you. You get pretty upset if I try to make you leave them behind, so I think there are currently a hammer, screw driver, and screws floating around near your carseat right now.

You also LOVE food...which you got honestly from both sides of your family. You are on all table foods now - no more babyfood for you! Here are your typical meals...although I think it's important to let you know that I HAVE to give you something as soon as you get in your high chair or you throw a complete fit (so you usually get a Gerber Wagon Wheel to chew on because that buys me some time).
Breakfast: You eat a YoBaby yogurt & LOVE it. Lately you really like Blueberry Waffles & will eat a whole waffle (with a tiny bit of butter) all by yourself. Then usually whatever else I throw on your plate while I try to wash any dishes that are hanging around & stuff my own face with something resembling breakfast.
Lunch: Your favorite is Peanut Butter on Graham Crackers (like little sandwiches). You pull them apart and get all the PB off, then eat the graham crackers. If you don't have Graham Cracker sandwiches, then you will have 2 chicken nuggets mixed with string cheese (which I cut into small bites). You usually get some applesauce & peaches as well.
Dinner: If I have dinner ready earlier enough, you eat what we eat...green beans are your favorite! If not, you'll have Velveeta Rotini & Cheese with Broccoli. You find this delicious!
Other fav foods: You've recently discovered Goldfish & you love them. They currently make Honey Graham Goldfish too, so I'll give you these for dessert sometimes. You still love Puffs, yogurt melts, and dried fruit bits. Actually, you just love fruit! Strawberries are you current favorite, but you're really not too picky...bananas, cantaloupe, watermelon...whatever is around you will eat it!

Now on to the pictures...because grandparents might get upset if I post without pictures!

Mimi & Grandpa came up to celebrate Mimi's birthday this past Sunday (which happened to be your 11-month birthday...can't believe you'll be ONE in less than a month!) Here you are having fun with Mimi.

You've started sitting with your feet tucked under like this lately. I think it's funny & probably means you're going to walk soon. But that's just my guess. I also thought you looked absolutely ADORABLE in this Nautica outfit Nana bought you.

And here is one of the aforementioned tools that you love so much. I'm pretty sure you were trying to tell Grandpa that wrenches are not used on the nose!

We are on a countdown to BEACH WEEK! I think I'm most excited out of everyone to go. I just LOVE the beach and think you're going to enjoy it as well. Of course, you've been before - but you were only 12 weeks old at the time. I bought you a bucket of sand toys for you to start exploring at home so you'll be ready to have lots of fun playing with those at the beach.

I think you thought this was just another laundry basket to crawl in :)


No comments: