April 1, 2009

Facial Hair?

Little J has a cold/allergies/something making him not feel very good this week. He woke up with a really runny nose Monday, Tuesday he was just plain miserable, but today he seemed in much better spirits...just lots of snot - YUCK! He's really not a fan of having his nose wiped, but too bad because that stuff is gross! I'm telling you all the snotty details because pictures are coming up & there's snot present...just a warning. 

Little J loves books - just like his daddy! He's really into texture books lately, his favorite being the "Quack Quack" book because it has yellow fur on the front. He likes to try to eat it, so check out his new yellow goatee...




As some of you know, Little J likes to go to bed EARLY (something he obviously didn't get from his daddy)...EARLY like 5:30pm put me in the bed or I'll scream until you do! Well, as you can imagine this kind of cramps our style if we want to do almost anything later in the day and Big J never gets to see Little J during the week - boo! With summer approaching I would really like for Little J to stay up later (bedtime b/w 7-8pm would be great!). Well, this is a slow project but I'm hoping we're on to something. Little J has been pushing his naps back (and they've gotten longer - praise the LORD!). Today he didn't get up from his afternoon nap until 4:30, so check out the picture below...


In case you can't tell, the clock says 6:24 - WAHOOO!! I put him down around 6:45 and he didn't go to sleep until after 7:15 (he's enjoying playing & pulling up in his crib these days). Maybe this later bedtime thing is working! Or maybe it's just a fluke. Time will tell, but for now I'm enjoying this small victory.

Also notice in that picture that our entertainment center is nice & open with easy access to curious little fingers. NOT ANYMORE! Our new entertainment center arrived, Big J put it together tonight, and it looks beautiful with it's glass DOORS! 

It's amazing how your wants change as you become a parent. Here's my top 3 things I want right now:
1) Entertainment Center with doors to keep little fingers from pressing every button possible before I scoop him up & move him away, just to crawl back and start this cycle over again - CHECK!
2) Shark Steam Mop to keep our non-carpeted floors a bit cleaner. You've already seen my dirt and know that Little J likes to play in it. I think my Dyson & this little puppy will help me keep my house & Little J's clothes/hands/mouth significantly cleaner.
3) Ergo Baby Carrier. I mentioned this in my previous post because Little J (1)loves to be held/worn, (2)is too long for his Baby Bjorn, and (3)Big J's afraid I'll hit Little J's head on doors if I continue to wear the hiking carrier in the house.

That list makes me realize that I'm really an adult, specifically a wife & MOM! But I'm loving every minute :)

No comments: