April 18, 2010

Three Cows & a Donkey

Here's the full story (in pictures) of the Hanes family's newest additions.

Popa, Perry, Dale, & Tristan came back in the truck pulling a trailer that had something in it...

A DONKEY! Named Leeroy

Uncle Perry had to take Jeremiah in the trailer to meet Leeroy up close & personal.

Perry & Popa really wanted Jeremiah to sit on Leeroy. Jeremiah wasn't so sure and had a death grip on Uncle Perry.

Then he thought it wasn't so bad sitting on a donkey...

He thought it was pretty darn cool!

I think Leeroy is pretty cute. As cute as a donkey can be, at least.

But he can definitely be stubborn!

The day after Leeroy arrived, Popa, Nana, Perry, Jeremiah, and myself ventured to a cattle auction!

There were LOTS of cows.
Some bulls too, but they weren't packed quite as tight. Good thinking!

Jeremiah was really interested in all the "moos"

I thought this light colored one in the middle was really cute and asked that we not buy her. I definitely couldn't bring myself to eat her as a steak later on.

Unlike this one...pure ugliness.

These are the three ladies STEERS (Nana originally told me they were heifers & I trusted her because who really wants to get up in their business to verify?!?!) Popa & Perry brought home. These cows are all around 1000lbs! I have no sentimental attachment to them and won't have a hard time enjoy them later on.

But we'll be keeping Leeroy around for a long time...evidently he's good for scarring off coyotes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for documenting our family additions! I told you wrong - they are not ladies! They are steers!!
My bad.