April 1, 2010

More spring fun

The weather hit the 80s here today and we celebrated by spending lots of time outside. After a morning of watching Playhouse Disney and playing, we went with Nana to look at some plants and had lunch at Cracker Barrel where J pigged out on applesauce and fried okra. 

After a long nap with me this afternoon, we played outside. Jeremiah is a big fan of his sandbox lately, so here are some fun pictures from our afternoon.

Slinging sand, despite Mommy telling him over & over (and eventually closing down Mr. Turtle's Sandbox) not to.

Crocs can hold a LOT of sand!

Baxter ran around while we were outside too.

"Um, Mom, I'm pretty sure these leaves aren't supposed to be here anymore." Oops!

I love the flowers on this tree in our backyard - so pretty!

While we were playing in the backyard, Popa drove up to take away the trailer full of yard debris that I've been digging up and cutting down this week. He was so nice to try to get up some of the bushes that had big roots that I couldn't get up by myself. Daddy came home during this time and helped too. Jeremiah really liked watching them work, so he got to have a picnic supper outside. 





Hard working men.

They needed some refreshment.

The roots were so strong and big that they had to pull them out with a car. I didn't feel so bad for asking for help once I saw them use this trick.

Bush #3 won out today since the strap broke over the bricks. It will stand no chance tomorrow when the wrecker comes!

No comments: