Yesterday was simply a fabulous day. I'm pretty sure we enjoyed every second of the day and I wanted us to remember it. It wasn't a day full of new, exciting things. Just a pretty ordinary day, which is where the beauty comes in for me. Don't get me wrong, the day had a typical toddler meltdown or seven, but it was just a great day. We were too busy enjoying the day to take any pictures, so no photographic evidence...just the beautiful memories of how blessed we are.
We woke up yesterday and Mimi was still visiting, so she & I got to enjoy conversation and a bowl of cereal together before Jeremiah came downstairs. Mimi & Little J hung out at home while I went to a Cycle class at the YMCA with 2 good friends. After Cycle, I came back home, Mimi headed back to Raleigh, and we had "Brunch Bunch" at our house. It was a light crowd - just Julie, Nicole, and of course J's best buddy, Anna. While J & Anna played, the mamas enjoyed coffee, bagels, and adult conversation until noon. After lunch, Jeremiah took a 2.5 hour nap while I worked in the yard trying to get it ready for a new landscaping look. Jeremiah & I snuggled on the couch and had a quick snack of Ritz crackers when he woke up and then headed over to Nana & Popa's house. Jeremiah rode the Gator for almost the entire 2 hours we were there. He saw a calf being bottle fed, cows & a bull in a local pasture, and even a baby bunny just in time for Easter this Sunday. We eventually had to come home for dinner and a much needed bath. A few snuggles when Daddy got home, a couple of minutes of Cars and it was time for J to hit the hay. Josh & I ate dinner together and snuggled on the couch watching TV for the rest of the evening before both falling into bed very tired.
What a wonderful day full of friends, family, and simple fun. I hope I never take for granted the blessings God give me every day.
April 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment