Long time, no blog. So what have we been up to?
Well...Jeremiah went to his first UNC/Duke football game with Mimi & G-pa. It seems he had a good time & I'll be sure to upload some pictures of that event later when I get them from Mimi. Josh & I still think he should have worn an NCSU outfit to the game, but others thought differently. Luckily, the Pack did manage to beat the Turtles last weekend - wahoooo!!!
This week, Josh had not 4, but 5 wisdom teeth removed. It was ugly. VERY UGLY. Poor guy. I have a ridiculously embarrassing photo of him that I really want to post, but I'm going to be a good wife & not post it. It's definitely taking a LOT of willpower. So Josh could recover in peace, J stayed Monday night & Tuesday with Nana & Popa, then headed east to stay with Mimi & G-pa the remainder of the week. It's been a nice break from toddler-distractions this week, but I'm ready to get my hands on the little guy, give him a big "squzzle" & lots of kisses!
During my "free time" this week...in between 20-min icepack (I mean frozen pea bag) changes, meds every 4 hours around the clock (yes...I set my alarm for 3am & 7am to be sure he didn't have a lapse in pain meds...I think I deserve a good wife award), making LOTS of pudding and trying to find anything soft & not too hot for my "patient" to eat...I've cleaned the house, caught up on laundry, and started a Christmas Quilt! I think it's going to be so fun & funky - a great twist on a traditional holiday. Check it out so far...
I also finished the Twilight series this week. I totally didn't think I'd get into this & I definitely did. I didn't want to put the books down & was sad to see the story end. I liked the movie - it wasn't fabulous (the book is always better), but I did enjoy it & I'm excited for New Moon to come out in 1 week!
And last, but CERTAINLY not least...the basement!!! I cannot even begin to explain my excitement over our new space. Popa & his guys have been working down there this week since we've had a second coming of The Flood thanks to remnants of Hurricane Ida. The drywall is up & ready to be finished, then painting & flooring...YAY!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment