We just finished having 3 days at home and it was glorious! Sadly, I cannot believe I didn't take any pictures. I still wanted to write to remember our 3-day weekend "staycation" since it's pretty unusual to have us all here at home for 3 days in a row. It should be known that Jeremiah woke up at 6am each day! He must have been too excited to play with his daddy than to sleep...bummer for us.
Saturday...J woke up bright & early, we hung out, drank coffee & ate breakfast, then ventured into Winston. We had to stop by Toys-R-Us and Target to do some LEGO scouting. Both boys got some new LEGO. Jeremiah got a Lightening McQueen set and is loving it! Then a quick trip to Costco for necessities...diapers & fruit. :) Josh was a spray painting king for me. I now have an adorable picture collage wall on the stairwell to the basement - white frames with B&W pictures. Love it! He also spray painted our brass fireplace cover black for me. It looks so much better in our room. I just love little things that make you so much happier with how your house looks! After nap we went over to Nana & Popa's for J to see the "moos" and Leeroy. Our garden is growing so good & we'll have squash to eat Monday night for our Memorial Day cookout!
Sunday...J up bright & early again, we were heathens and didn't go to church but I did go to Walmart and buy a bunch of flowers, as well as bug spray and citronella candles. While J napped, I divvy'd all those plants up into all my pots and planters on the deck, as well as some on the front steps. It looks so good outside with a little color! Sunday evening David, Nicole, Dylan, and Anna came over to grill out. We had hot dogs & deer burgers (which were delicious!), chips, squash patties, and watermelon. Then we had the mac-daddy of all desserts with Nicole's PB Trifle. Yum, yum, yum!! The kids played hard and went to bed late, but it was lots of fun!
Monday...J was up bright & early (again!), but we let Daddy sleep in until 9. Josh was out doing some Craigslist deals while we were at home doing laundry and playing inside since it was raining! Thankfully it cleared off in time for us to cookout with Popa, Nana, Uncle Perry, Dale, Tristan, and Zane. Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, Fried Squash, Squash patties, Watermelon, chips, & strawberry pie made for an excellent meal. Jeremiah could not get enough Fried Squash! He ate & ate & ate some more! He also ate a lot of watermelon and was so soaked with the juice I had to strip him down to just his diaper and tennis shoes. He did NOT like it when I sprayed him with bug spray, but I knew those mosquitoes would just love that sticky-sweet watermelon juice he was covered in. We came home, had a bath, and he went to bed!
Thankfully this morning he slept in until his usual 8am...must have known Daddy had to go to work and wouldn't be around to play. We are still in our PJs, just relaxing. J has been playing with his race cars, Lightening McQueen LEGO, and tools all morning with no TV. It's been heavenly!
I guess sometimes it's OK to just enjoy and not worry about the pictures.
June 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment