We started our July 4th morning by going Blueberry Picking! I am have been so excited to go do this. They come in much later here (a little farther west in the state) than what I'm used to, so I've had to practice some patience. We wanted to get there early before it got hot, so we left the house, picked up some McDonald's breakfast (of champions - ha!), then headed to the Blueberry Farm. We got there by about 8am and it was still nice & cool.
Jeremiah starting off in the wagon eating on his hashbrown, but he wouldn't be contained for long.
This kid LOVES blueberries (and most other fruits), so he got to work picking the low berries.
He had to inspect them to make sure they were blue (although we tried to encourage this inspection BEFORE he picked them). He was surprisingly good at picking only the ripe berries, but he had a bit of practice since there were a few small blueberry bushes at Nana & Popa's house that he'd already picked & eaten from.

We picked for about 45 minutes and got a gallon before we had to head to church. I want 3 gallons, so we'll be going back when a few more berries ripen!

No comments:
Post a Comment