March 6, 2010

What Jeremiah is doing at 19 months...

We're not up to much that's really blog-worthy or even all the interesting these days. Just the day-to-day routine of winter, but we can see that Spring is coming! It's still light after 6pm, daylight savings time starts next weekend, and best yet - the forecast has a few days predicted in the 60s!

So, here are some of the random/funny/cute/not-so-cute things Jeremiah is up to right now...

  • You have an amazing ability to poke out your lip when you get upset. It makes me laugh more than give you sympathy, which doesn't make you too happy with me. I really want to get a picture of it soon!
  • You LOVE the movie Cars. We usually watch a few minutes after 5pm when I need to get dinner going and need you to be occupied with something. We'll usually watch a few more minutes after bath and before bed if Daddy's home. You two snuggle on the couch & it just melts my heart. Then we'll tell you, "Say Goodnight to Lightening (the main character)" and you'll wave at the TV. So stinkin' cute!
  • You aren't talking yet, but you sure can communicate. You understand everything we say and you can get your point across. Your babbles & jargon are starting to sound more like words. I have a feeling that one day you're just going to have a word explosion and never be quiet again.
  • You are just like your Daddy when it comes to LEGO, you just love them. We have a big basket of Duplo bocks and you build, tear things down, pour them all out, kick them around the room, and build again. The building is cute, the "kicking them all over the house" is not-so-cute.
  • You love to be outside, even if it's freezing cold. I'm so looking forward to warmer temps so we can go outside and you can RUN! I even picked up a few John Deere outdoor toys for you at a Consignment Sale this weekend. I'm pretty sure you're going to enjoy "helping" Daddy do some yard work with your new hedge trimmer, weed wacker, and lawn mower.
  • Your best buddy is Anna Koontz (great for me since her mom is my best buddy!). I'll say, "we're going to go see Anna today" then you just smile, laugh, and run to get your shoes. She takes care of you, gets you a tissue to wipe your nose if it's running, wants you to eat with a spoon (when you just throw it on the floor), and will say "Eremiah mess!" when you make a mess (which is pretty frequent!). She doesn't say the "J" in your name, but gets the rest - pretty impressive for a 2 year old!
  • You're getting closer & closer to turning TWO! Sometimes your actions show that. I keep telling myself that you're just "independent" and it's a good thing. I really just think you're stubborn, a lot like your mommy and daddy.
  • Despite your occasional strongholds of independence, you are really sweet and loving. You'll run across the room to give me a hug. I just eat it up and swoop you into my arms. I know it won't be like this for long, so I'm enjoying every single squeeze.
  • You don't quite understand kisses yet, except how to receive them. I'll say, "Give Mommy a kiss" and you lean your head in for me to kiss you. I'm sure you'll figure this out before your first kiss, otherwise you may leave your date really confused. 
  • I'm trying really hard to instill manners in you so you'll be a polite young man. I'm pretty sure I've said "please" and "thank you" more in the last few months than I have in my whole life. Of course you aren't talking much yet, so you don't really say anything appropriately. However, when I tell you to "say please" you turn your head, smile, and flash those dimples. That's "please" enough for me right now!
Your daddy & I love you more than we could have ever imagined. You've changed our life completely, but we wouldn't want it any other way!

No comments: