August 19, 2009
Like the good ol' days...
Yesterday Josh had Jury Duty - what fun to participate in the legal process. Slightly sarcastic there, but he did end up enjoying it because the case was sort of related to his field of work. He was seated on a jury and done by about 1:30, so it wasn't too bad. He then had the rest of the day off, so after lunch downtown, he & Little J came home to nap, while Brenda & I went to Jo-Ann's to look at some more quilt fabric (which by the way - I'm so excited about this quilt!!!). After I got home & they woke up from their naps, Josh said he wished we had gone to Concord Mills to the new LEGO store. I said, "Let's go!". So Jeremiah headed to Nana & Popa's to spend the night so we could have some time to ourselves without worry about feeding him dinner, entertaining in the restaurant, crying in the car, late bedtimes, and all the other not-so-fun moments that toddlers bring. We even met up with our friends Lauren & Daniel for dinner. We hadn't seen them in almost a year, so it was great to catch up! What a fun, spontaneous evening we had! It was just like the good ol' days before we had Jeremiah. Not that these days aren't good, they are just the good new days. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment